Friday, July 22, 2005

I went to the doctor.
And since I never go to the doctor it was a good experience.
I had previously self diagnosed myself as having either, the Hiv, or lung cancer. Sars was a possibility, because I have a penchant for eating civets.
The good doctor rediagnosed me with a pulled muscle in my chest.
His suggestion for treatment was switching ice and heat, coupled with 800 milligrams of ibuprofen.
I should also limit my physical activity, and definitely not play ultimate, which is what broke my chest in the first place.

I promptly ignored his advice, but took it under consideration, and I'm going to play the beach tourney. If I can breathe again without holding my chest.

He also referred me to the radiology lab where I finally got my busted thumb checked out.
He'll call me monday when he gets a look at the xrays.
If it turns out that it is broken, like he figured in the quick exam, then I will definitely follow his advice.
Unless he suggests surgery. Then I will ignore him again until after ultimate season is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home