Saturday, July 23, 2005

This weekend at the beach tournament in Seaside, after playing
all day, my team cleaned up and hit the town for dinner and partying.
We were putting our name in for reservations at every restaurant
possible, and doubled back to check on one last joint. As we're
walking up the street I turned to say something t oa friend, and out
of the corner of my eye saw a familiar face. I quickly tapped her on
the arm and she glanced up very surprised then yelled at me "SHUT
UP!"*1
It was my old friend Sarah T-, who I've been friends with since
2nd grade. We only see each other about once every two years since
she lives in Philly now, and she was randomly visiting a friend from
college. We exchanged numbers and met up alter that night to talk
without other people bugging us. It was great to catch up and see a
friendly face in that giant sea of humanity and cheap souvenirs. It
pretty much made my whole summer.


*1-That's been her tag line I think since tenth grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home