Friday, July 20, 2007

Rememberating


Homer Louis "Boots" Randolph III (June 3, 1927 – July 3, 2007)

Boots Randolph was my grandmother's favorite performer, along with some other lady with an old lady name like Margaret White. His passing a few weeks ago made me think fondly back on my grandmother. I remember setting up a new record player and tape deck for her back in the eighties. Then my dad and I taped all her old Boots vinyl so she could listen to it in the car. Now I will think of my grandmother any time I hear any of Boots' music. Fortunately, Boots recorded "Yackety Sax", a song I hear roughly once a week.


What totally obnoxious piece of music would you like to have people fondly remember you by once you're gone?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ajparrillo said...

Easy! Lordz of Brooklyn - Saturday Night.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home