Wednesday, November 21, 2007

my mail manifesto



There's a graph I write out in my head when I meet someone new.
At first I decide to like everybody. You might not believe it, but I love everybody before I meet them. The second I see them for the first time it automatically drops into dislike, or more accurately, not as much love. Then there is this giddy little spot where you can learn one quick factoid about a person, the first impression if you will, that swings things wildly but always lower, unless you hated the person the first time you met. Then after a while, you come to the damning evidence. This is when you first find out out something horrible about the person. Sometimes it comes the same time as the first impression, but usually it happens much later.
Finally you hit the I know you stage.
This is where the person would pretty much have to succumb to mental illness or advanced drug addiction and become an entirely different person for you to change your opinion.


Notice, my self growth has nothing to do with any of this.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger scrooner said...

I bet the dude on the left is the point guard.

5:39 PM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

Obviously the X-Axis is time, but what is the Y-Axis? Does it go negative somewhere? Does the graph change depending on ability to date someone?

7:00 PM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

no one cared, so i won't go into detail; but person 1 is adam, and person 2 is karl malone.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home