Friday, July 29, 2005

I'm in line at the downtown Riteade, and there's this Native American woman next to me. She has all sorts of lame ass 1983 country music style tattoos (Roses wolves and feathers) but she also has a heart tattooes right next to her mouth. Sort of the cheek-al area, but sort of the far mouth. What is that called? Anyway, the heart is not only a heart, but the heart is crying. Or bleeding. I'm guessing cryinf though, because of the international symbol crying hearts, the tear drop shape. It's called a tear drop, because it's a tar, denoting crying. Simple.
As I blatantly don't even attempt ot not stare, my mind goes through al lthe scenarios where someone would think that a crying heart on their face would be a good idea. Only two scenarios come up. Prison and Meth.
As Ileave the store, the first woman I see outside is a matronly trailer park granny (ie. 35 going on 78) with a tear drop tattoo under her eye.

I had thought you had to kill a person to be allowed to get one of those. Like the spiderweb tattoo on your elbow. It's supposed to mean something. Deep meaning, not just a fashion statement.
Of course I get all my gang information from tv shows. Like that one in the eighties that wasn't 21 jump street where the guys looked like hall and oates and infiltrated a mexican gang and got that tattoo of the teardrop and then sang duke of earl like they were a doo wop band on the corner.
That was a good song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home