Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ripped From The Headlines!

In my dream last night I was Gene Hackman. Also, I was the President.
Evidently I had been screwing up my Presidency, and there was a big press conference planned so I could go out there and blame it on some one else. Of course, since I was Gene Hackman, I was torn between saving my hide, or fessing up. My advisors had all planned out how I was going to weasel out, but I, Gene Hackman, had an epiphany that I would DoTheRightThing, and admit my problems. I would also ask the American People to not forget what I had done, and that I had a lot of work to do to gain back their trust. They should not let me off easy, and it was up to me, and me alone, to prove my worth to them again. Hopefully I would be able to. Then I decided I needed better, honest, clothes to make my speech in. So I went down to the Target that is in the East wing of the White House to buy some clothes. This makes sense, because if there are stores inside the White House, then The US can save money on fewer secret service agents. The target seemed closed, because only the emergency lights were on, and there were no employees. But I was able to find a cool pair of Carhart jeans, a sensible golf shirt and a nice blazer. I, Gene Hackman, looked rugged and sympathetic at the same time. The purchases were made with cash, left n top of the unmanned register.



While sleeping, the way I could tell this was a dream, is that Target does not carry Carharts.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you picked up a pair of these did you:

www.theonion.com/content/node/40996

Stylin'!

4:45 PM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

Remember when Gene Hackman played Lex Luthor in the Superman movies? That was cool. Somehow President-->Gene Hackman-->Lex Luthor-->The Cruise just all blends together to me. Kinda like how Lex Luthor becomes president in the comics and does bad things, like trying to take over the world.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, if I believe that this is the third comment and now we should all be rewarded with a new commentary from you...

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

er... I left an 'if' in there when I re-worded my sentence. forgive me.

and now that's 4...

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a bit too rugged for me. For god sake you can see little pimpels with hairs poking out.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home