Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Blockbuster Review Squad


I live in a world where the fancy restaurant I go to has three pictures on the wall of famous people that have been there and one of them is Tom Skerrit, another was a guest star on Night Court and the third person didn’t even sign their headshot. My fancy restaurant has more than one name on the marquis and no one knows the name of the head chef. This is not the kind of world I want to live in.

That’s why it is so refreshing to be able to get out and immerse myself in a world that is so fabulous and fantastical, yet so real and seems almost within my grasp! That’s the main reason I have such a love for Sex and the City. Even though I never saw it on TV, I liked the commercials, and I loved the trailer, so I saw the movie.

I don’t want to ruin the plot with SPOILERS, so I’ll just give my random rolling thought process about the movie.

-I always thought that the one was Katie Holmes. Maybe she is, or maybe she’s not. She’s probably the most bangable one out of them all.
-Regarding SJP I wonder if even she thinks her husband is gay? One time my mom told a young girl that she looked like her, even though my mom probably only knew her from Square Pegs, the actress not the girl that looked like her, and then my mom said “but only in the face”, which is the worst part about her obviously.
-I was surprised that they made the old gay one not old and gay in the movie but only old. Her neck looks like it’s 2 feet long, and either it’s really bad CGI to do that or maybe it’s really good CGI since she’s even grosser looking than that normally. I kind of got lost in the side part where she was sick or something. I started daydreaming about re-filming SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELLING PANTS with this cast, and how ridiculous that would be.
-Kim Cattral should go the way of Dianne Cannon, where she’s all famous and people pretend she’s still hot, but they only do that to be nice since she really isn’t anymore, and they can’t even really remember why she’s famous. I bet they could do a remake of JOHN CARPENTER’S THE THING and instead of special effects they could just recreate the monster by filming a close up of her roast beef curtains.
-Chris North hasn’t been that good on screen since season two of LAW AND ORDER: RAPE PATROL. Is he the gay one from the Julia Roberts movies?


I smell Sequel.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ajparrillo said...

Only thing you need to remember about Kim Cattral is Big Trouble in Little China...DOMINO mutha trucker!
Note: I had no idea that John Carpenter also directed the Roddy Piper masterpiece, They Live. The pro wrestling fight scene in the ally...JUST TO GET HIS COWORKER TO PUT ON SOME SUNGLASSES...cinematic perfection!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Jardon said...

long time listener, first time caller.

actually, this has nothing to do with this post, but i was watching a made-for-tv last night and saw reginald vel johnson movie where he was playing a cop (july 2007 post) and i laughed for the rest of the night.

then i thought about how similar sex and the city is to golden girls and i stopped laughing.

7:31 AM  
Blogger scrooner said...

"I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can."

YEAH! That fight was retarded/awesome. It's a LONG fight too. That dude had a serious aversion to sunglasses.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home