Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sunday Nov 6 and Monday Nov 7

Saturday was pretty average.
Nothing you'd even really be interested in.
I hung out with my friends Ned and Colleen, got some great middle eastern food, watched TV.
Funny thing about Ned is that he looks exactly like Steve Carell.
Here's a picture of both of them to prove it.










Uncanny.

Monday was even more average.
I wandered around and took pictures of Chicago, and went to the museums.
AIC is probably my favorite museum of all time, narrowly beating out the "Rye Museume of Spectacular Oddities" that I always used to go to in England. It was full of stuff like taxidermied stillborn puppies dressed in tuxedoes at a masquerade ball, or three headed pigs in formaldehyde, so it is almost unfair to compare that to a lame normal museum. AIC kicks ass because it has so much shit I love.
They had a new Demuth, and a weird O'Keefe that I had never seen before so I was stoked.

That night I flew to KY, and got picked up by my parents for an exciting 2 hour car ride with the topics of:

-how wrong are your directions
-why my mom is so liberal
-how some gay people really are gay
-gay women are faking it
-am I gay?
-how shitty the service is at Cracker Barrel
-was that woman at the Fazolis restaurant retarded? Or Russian?
-why they bought a Geo Tracker
-mutual adoration of my two nephews.

Just so you know the score, I hadn't been home in almost two years, and hadn't seen my parents in 20 months.
So this was a visit to get reacquainted and make sure that I'm back in the will, and that they can count on me to help them in a court case when they get senile and want permission to blow themselves up in a motor home accident rather than get sent to a nursing home.
Well, I got their back again. The Cruise, Gstoff and Momstoff are once again on good terms. A truly unbeatupable team.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually met ma Cruise when she was last here. She was here when the Cruise had his 30th birthday. In case anybody is curious, she isn't all that bad, really.

Who was more adorable at the Pink party, Suds (Stuffy) in her pointy heels and pink too too or T - Unit in his little boy body suit PJ's with the sheep and clouds on them? Not even close, T - Unit!

They are adorable, the nephews.

Oh, and I would like to put together a hat tourney for my vacation to the east coast this Spring.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that I looked that much like Steve Carrell.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would play in your hat tourney. Will you get Mo to run it?

9:07 AM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

I will play in your hat tournament Danimal. I have no idea how I fit in those PJ's. I wore them around the house last night because I couldn't find my slippers and my feet were cold. $$$

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where IS T-Unit these days? Haven't been out to 5-O, haven't been out to Fall League, weren't at the hat tourney...

On the other hand, I RULE when you're not covering me, so you can stay wherever you are.

3:11 PM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

Where is T-Unit? I'll tell you where. Working on Saturdays, not going to the hat tournament, watching TV on Thursdays. And now I'm in CO for Thanksgiving. I'll be at fall league on the Thursday after Thanksgiving.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you playing Irving at least? Don't want you getting fat.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home