Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I *love* pessimism!

Entertainment Guide #3: The Best Weekend Plan

My favorite weekend since I've been living in Portland was my 5 days in San Francisco(ish). Cool bars, nice hiking, good public transportation system. It's got everything.

My SF buddies also convinced me to quit my job before it started, so now there's nothing from holding me back.

Help me fall in love with Portland, or I'm gonna have to give in and move southward.

Also, who's T-unit?
Also, who's no1? I like no1 for also knowing the only thing I know about New Hampshire even though I lived there for 4 years.
Also, what happened to flair? Seems like nobody flairs anymore. Haters.
Also, I'm not posting anymore until this blog stops being pink. It's not a threat; it's just the truth.

6 Comments:

Blogger Suds said...

So, here's something important to know about Oregon:

We natives really like it when people move out of our state to California.

A lot.

No offense.

2:10 PM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

How long must one's family tree be rooted in this land of Oregon to be considered a "native?"

2:25 PM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

How long must one's family tree be rooted in this land of Oregon to be considered a "native?"

It's not a matter of time, per se, but how many times you've seen one of Gus Van Sant's crews filming.

Also if you've read more than two Pahlaniuk books, you count as a native also.

2:39 PM  
Blogger L-Boogie said...

When I was little, my Dad and I saw Drugstore Cowboy being filmed up on NW 21st. That was back in the day when the orginal Roses was where the Restoration Hardware is.

Portland is cool, SF is cool too. I'm not much help -- but traffic in SF blows, and it's foggy during the summer.

2:49 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

You are an Oregonion if you remember hearing this:

"What if my kite WINDS around a POWER LINE?"

Or

"What about frogs?"
"I like frogs"

Or if you know who Ramblin' Rod was.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you spend some more time in the bay area you will soon discover what people who live down there (and are under the $175,000/year income level) already know:
Weather on the peninsula is crap.
Attitude on the peninsula is crap.
Housing prices/rents are crap.
Taxes are crap.
And public transportation for those who don't have a car (they're as expensive as crap to own in the city) and can't live in an ideal spot is REALLY crap.

That's why everyone who has purchased a house on my block in the last year (including my own) has been from SF/Oakland.

Granted, they do have better sushi.

I like frogs (thanks, Scrooner).

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home