Monday, January 16, 2006

Monday, pissed off

Do you ever feel pissed off that you have to be at work on Monday? Sometimes I do...and this is one of those mornings. I mean, I usually I try to be civil and feign a good attiude, but not so much this morning.

Why? Well.....
1) I didn't get my usual snooze time after my alarm went (set it too late).
2) It's raining.
3) I have a new intern starting, and although he is cute, and is the manager at the Brazen Bean, we are having computer problems as usual. And my co-worker, who is annoying as all hell is in charge of him -- but she has no idea what she is doing. The bright spot is that I'm hoping for some free drinks or something.
4) It is MLK Day and I have to work instead of honor Dr. King's legacy by sleeping in.
5) And my weekend was kind of blah on top of it all.

So there you have it. Monday is crappy....and I'm hoping that a trip for coffee will help aleive this foul mood.

Topic of discussion from this thread? Why you should get MLK day off if you're working, and what you would do.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should get MLK day off because I'm tired.

If I wasn't at work today, I'd be sleeping in, then I'd call up Laura to see if she wanted to go see an early afternoon movie and then go to happy hour.

I'd also write the next big hit song.

9:10 AM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

I celebrated the birthday of The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther the King Junior by not boycotting the bus system.

I got to work early because nobody else had to come to work today, so it was a shorter ride than normaal.

9:14 AM  
Blogger scrooner said...

I have the day off, but honestly I'd rather be working. Not because I enjoy work (I don't), but because our company used to take a few of the lesser holidays and tack them onto our Christmas break at the end of the year. So we missed a couple of Monday holidays, but the payoff was getting more than a week off at the end of the year.

Now we have to take today off, even though we just got back from the winter break & I'm not desperate for a holiday yet.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's going to be a day around here, that much is certain. If I'm really lucky the 12:00 meeting I have will drag on forever and the owner will have bad breath, sit too close and talk too much - he has already struck a nerve with me today, so I can't wait to be sitting with him and a client at a table discussing some project for which they will want to pay way too little, and they will want to art direct it into a clipart nightmare newsletter of crap - and because right now my coffee cup is half empty, and because we have about 2 clients that actually want to pay for cool/interesting design.

who knows, maybe I'm just a little pissy because my flight didn't leave L.A. until after we were supposed to already be home in portland last night... 4 hours of sleep does not make a happy mindo, unless its a tired, still drunk, happy mindo like on saturday morning after 4 of us near finished a bottle of makers mark that we cracked open at the hotel at 1am the night before - it's one way to warm up for a tourney.

and maybe it's now the post-tourney rude awakening of being back at a desk, especially on a holiday... I should definitely be back in my bed. waking up late. getting a yummy breakfast. and that's about as far as I can think right now, I'll figure out what else I'd do in a bit.

In the meantime I hope everybody around here is chatty today [if you're even at work?], as I'm gonna need the assistance and entertainment just to stay awake!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update - the meeting was short, Dick didn't sit too close, the guy was nice and although he's got ideas he doesn't seem to want to run the show, plus Jenny tells me he likes cool stuff [or at least he did when she designed signs for him].

so I guess all my whining was for naught. except, it's still a holiday and I'm still at work, that much has not changed.

now I gotta go find something to eat... and maybe some more coffee because I'm also still tired.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home