Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What happened to anyone else ever writing anything?

The lack of contributions is forcing me to turn this into a run of the mill LJ.

Listening to: Depeche Mode-New Life
Mood: Lumpy









Last night I bought some groceries, about 75 pounds worth, and my Safeway card kept the total under 76 dollars. When I got home I watched the Blazers game and had an egg sammich since I didn’t feel like cooking all those groceries I got. Bad idea, a growing boy needs more nourishment than two eggs two pieces of bread and hot sauce.
Worse idea, the Blazers got throttled by the Kings.
Worst idea, I got thoroughly lacquered on Gin. I know it’s lame to drink by yourself, and may be indicative of a larger problem, but it was unintentional. Someone left Tanqueray at my house and I thought I needed to drink it before they came back to get it. So it was an economic decision, not decision based on me trying to ruin my life.

This morning I woke up and saw that I had left a pack of coldcuts in my grocery bag.
So which is worse?
1-Wasting the coldcuts?
2-Admitting I eat coldcuts while trying to impress my vegetarian friends?
3-Deciding that I’ll see if I can cook the coldcuts tonight to avoid getting salmonella?
4-Admitting that I try to impress my vegetarian friends with things I eat?
5-Admitting that I thought about this whole thing after not watching all of the Blazer game and instead watching parts of WifeSwapping, Two men and a Boy, and Bachelors?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You stole my recipe!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You miss me, just admit it! That's why you were getting all sknockered.

From my vast experience and exposure to your means of existence, I would place my money on you trying to actually cook the meat, risking certain illness. Don't do it, Cruise! Portland needs you, and you have a new and improved team to guide this year. Without you, then who is going to dominate?

You should try grilled cheese sammiches. They's my faves!

2:53 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

Wait, did you guys get divorced?

Sorry I haven't blogged lately. I'm actually having to do some WORK at work, and it's stifling my creativity.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I didin't get past the part where you said you were listening to Depeche Mode.
I'm back in highschool now...Kraftwerk is in my head...

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all of your blog writers now turn to chat when they have a second. Rather than writing an entertaining anecdote or something for the rest of us to ponder, they turn on gmail and see who is out there, waiting, green light shining, available to chat...

egg sando sounds pretty ok, but better if you add cheese, tomato and bacon - and someone at gravy makes it for you.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home