Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Gossip Revisited

What does this mean to everyone?
-It’s now a mad scramble to get the best players in this time of limbo.
The best players in town still want to play mono-ed. Mixed is stuck with the scrubs.

-There are at least 4 teams that are going to be aiming to be the new #2 in Portland.
I’m going to go ahead and rank the teams right now. Pre-season rankings before the ink is even dry on anyone’s team cuts.
1-Whoreshaq-dissing The Deuce is asking for trouble.
2-T-N-S-the belle of the ball in Scandaltown.
3-Lit Mark 3-until they all make some babies and drop a notch.
4-the Coltrane-Deeds, not words, written in blood.
5-Faygo-starting from scratch can lead to good cooking.
6-Fushizzle-They will beat on you even if they don’t beat you.
7-Bug on jug-Their team is the best disc golf team in the state though.
8-mystery team that doesn’t even know it is forming yet

Let us know how you see things shaking out by adding your own comment.

-Logjam could be pretty interesting this year as the first chance to all throw down.
If Logjam is the same weekend as Solstice, like always, this point could be moot. There might be a one time women’s team sapping the field. I see a Berzerka/ Good times Finals.

-Will anyone even be willing to scrimmage another team?
I’m setting up my first scrimmage for mid march, even before I have a team.
Early bird theory and all. It's against a college though, we refuse to unveil The Crimson Savatage offense until Spawnfest. The Prota-zonin' is dependant on repetition, so that might get brought out early.

-This year I will disqualify teams on the spot if they have inaccurate rosters.
I’m serious about this. Oregon shall taste my iron fist.

-Will there be less growth among new players if there is no spring league or entry level club teams?
I think rec League is still a go, so this might not be as bad as Ithought. There will also be a team of new players, there has to be.

13 Comments:

Blogger L-Boogie said...

Hard to comment when you're in limbo....but I am having my agent work out some contract points for my free agency status.

I like the early projections however -- nothing like speculation while everyone is jockeying. I'm banking on my charm to win out over my ability.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With baseball season and Spring training upon us upon us, I will base my standinig of the ultimate season based on what the teams in the America League East will do.

1. Yankees = Shack It doesn't matter, they are always going to be the "it" team, especially if McGee recovers from last year's injury.

2. Bo Sox = T.N.S. Too many expectations and distractions, plus losing veterans such as Damon will have more of a negative impact on the new look team than they think. Who knows, maybe Ash will accidentally cut his ankle with a PBR top and the "Bloody Sock" will save the day.

3. Toronto = Coltrane Roy Hallady will come back strong from last year's injury and A.J. Burnett will surprise and picth at least 200 innings, showing everybody that he is the pitcher that I think he can be. Maybe he'll move to Bolivia, but who knows. They will surprise and could even challenge for second with some key additions to the mix, a few emerginig stars, solid complimentary players and good pitching and defense.

4. Baltimore = T Mark 3 This one could easily be flipflopped with the Trane, but I'll stick with this choice. Sosa and Raffy are out, but they'll be better than they expect even with those subtractions, especially with some solid additions. The addition of Leo Mazzone to the pitching staff could be the best decsion that any team has made in the offseason. Baltimore and Toronto will be on Boston's tail the whole season.

5. Tampa Bay = Faygo/Fushizzle We don't really know what we are going to get. Delmon Young is going to be a star! As always there will be some potential and there is always the disrespect card at times. Delmon young is going to be hot. Plus, there are the Beck Brothers; they will wow you and beat you to the ground (he's not supoosed to move like that.) I'm persoanlly pulling for these guys. The heart and essence of my frisbee roots I guess.

Of course, my predictions could all be wrong.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap, I really need to learn to proofread!

10:51 AM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

That's a good write up Daniel.
The DRays team chopperlifted into another city would be #3 in that division. Crawford is a 5 tool machine. As it is, the atmosphere of apathy hold them down.

Okay, howzabout a poll question.

Who will be the team that everyone roots against?

in 2003 it was Core.
in 2004 it was Trent.
in 2005 it was 1Miss.
in 2006 who will bring out the hecklers in droves to root for their demise?

10:53 AM  
Blogger scrooner said...

Last year I rooted against Shazam. They are bitchy rule-benders with more clipboards than players of legal drinking age. Not that their team rules allow them to drink.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2006 will be Fushizzle, since it's the only team to stick together for more than 3 seasons. I'ts like watching the skijump and secretly wanting to see a wreck just to make it more intersting.

Or it could be the return of Trent.

11:10 AM  
Blogger scrooner said...

Trent is like Haley's Comet, if the comet crashed on your couch for a few months, drank all your beer & hit on your little sister.

11:23 AM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

The real question is, "Who will be the team people everybody roots for?"

This has been covered, time and time again. Everyone in the NW roots for the two hotties on Berzerkapiggy. Everyone else in the country roots for Saienga's CLX rock.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friendship, loyalty and karma crushed by ego-driven decisions.

Are we talking about ultimate or pledge week at the U?

The real question is, "Who will be the team people everybody roots for?

whichever team is good enough to win some games, but not good enough to make people jealous.

1:16 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

Brass Monkey was a fun team to lose to, and they were the only team we played at Regionals who cheered us, guitar and all. Plus, they had Sha-sha-sha-ZAMs number all season long. Oh, did you mean which local team?

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, not all of us are regional's caliber players. Speaking of Shazzzyzam, I'm going to get me a big camera like that Bill guy from Shazam, make me a Whore$hack shirt, follow them around and take pictures to get myself on board as a token member...... well, I'll do all of this until Nora gets annoyed and beats me up.

I'm still holding out for the stars to align and for a midget team to form...... at least for one tournament, with the token tall guy, Brent of course.

2:10 PM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

I heard a rumor that the new team would be called "Jets". I hope that is true because I will rename my team "Sharks" to prove the point that you are stupid.

3:39 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

I would definitely play on a midget team for Gandy Goose or Cramp Up....I always find myself on crappy pickup teams for those anyway. Somebody get the ball rolling! We could even be a midget REUNION team. Boyakasha!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home