Friday, March 03, 2006

Getting Ink

In my job sometimes I get to have a few fleeting moments of print fame. In the most recent issue of Pages Magazine (a book and publishing consumer magazine)I am not only quoted, but got the "pull quote" You designers know that means using an enlarged quote as a visual element.

Just a quick note to say that we contributors to this here blog are certifiably eloquent in the larger world as well ;) And Happy Friday, And cheer up Kyle, it's sunny!!

Quote: Article about West Coast publishing

"There is a wealth of innovative and creative thinkers, artists, and untapped ideas here that's very different from the East Coast," says Laura Bartroff, communications and publicity manager for 13-year-old Collectors Press, Inc., which specializes in publishing pop culture titles like Pulp Culture: The Art of Fiction Magazines and Science Fiction of the 20th Century. "We try to find that and utilize that as best we can."

Leading question: Where have you been quoted? Or had your moment of fame?

5 Comments:

Blogger The Cruise said...

I had no idea LBoogie was Laura.

Wow.

Now I feel awkward for hitting on you here.


Here's my one moment of fame:

http://www.cincinnati.com/bigpiggig/profile_081800.html

The opening line is a little misleading. I once went to work and saw a kid hitting my pig with a metal rod. That's not 'coming unglued', that's 'being vandalized'.

Guess which line in the interview was written by our marketing department.

9:13 AM  
Blogger L-Boogie said...

good point...maybe I'll go back in and edit that out...no need to have psycho publishing fans stalking me ;) Or Kyle for that matter.

9:19 AM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

"There is a wealth of innovative and creative thinkers, artists, and untapped ideas here that's very different from the East Coast," says L-Boogie, communications and publicity manager for 13-year-old Collectors Press, Inc., which specializes in publishing pop culture titles like Pulp Culture: The Art of Fiction Magazines and Science Fiction of the 20th Century. "We try to find that and utilize that as best we can."

I should have been an editor, your tag quote is so unweildy, it loses the reader. I condensed the important bits, sort of like Readers Digest does, to a better effect. Check out my condensed quote and see how it parses.

"There’s a wealthy thinker that's different from Coast," says L-Boogie, a 13-year-old public manager for Pulp Fiction. "We find that we can."

Should I send in a resume, or will you hire me based solely on this?

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've had any famous moments or quotables since I moved here from Utah.
I have to comment on other people's blogs if I want to get some ink these days.
Lucky you.

11:43 AM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

As I write this comment, the ad at the top is for GROCERIES "Find nearby grocery stores"

How much of a shut in would you have to be to not know where to find a grocery store?

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home