Tuesday, September 19, 2006

None of you will care

I'm in a computer-ized Fantasy Football league. My team is amazing (I won't bore you with the roster, that's an assured snore fest.) and this league is great because there are 16 teams. So that means that there isn't a tema that doens't have to shove out a #3 wide receiver, or a back up running back into their starting lineup. My boys pummelled last week's opponent to the tune of +40 points.
But shit man, the computer predicts a tie between me and this weeks squad of losers.
I think that's insane, I'll win in a landslide.

Lo and behold, he rides Peyton to the game of Peyton's life (ie. any game not in the playoffs. We go neck and neck all day, thanks to me relying on all my players.
Right at the end of the Colts game, Vanderjagteri pulls his groin and has to skip the last kick. I miss out on one sure, easy point, and we do end up tied. There are no ties in football. Are there? But then I notice he still has the Pitt kicker left to play. Son of a bitch, We both tie with the two highest scores in the league, and he's going to get some gimme win from a damn kicker. This is karma.

I was on the edge of my seat hitting reload on the live nfl site since I don't have cable. Will the dude boot the ball for digits? Or maybe I'll get lucky and he'll shank one giving me the win. It was nerve wracking getting the updates.

Wow, fantasy football is fantastic.


I'll try and write something that people will actually care about soon.

Here's your poll question. What's the most boring thing you love that no one else could cares about?

12 Comments:

Blogger scrooner said...

I was watching that game last night too (on TV 'cause I need cable). I was 9 points behind in my matchup, and had Matt Jones in the game. DAMN, not another RUN! Leftwich had a pass to Jones that was long by about a foot. 1 foot away from my guy getting a 40 yard TD & giving me the win. But then again, I sat Antonio Bryant this week so it's my fault.

Yes, Fantasy Football is boring to everyone but you.

10:50 AM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

My fantasy football team won this week.

11:35 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

The most boring thing I love...Bryan and Kyle.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going into the Monday night game, I had a three point advantage and Leftwich playing. All I needed was for him not to go -4 (which Brooks did) for the win. I was saying RUN, don't pass. :) Of course, if I had started the Jags' D, it wouldn't have been as close. BTW, watching the game in HD on my new big screen was awesome!

4:35 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

What is up with Curtis Martin? I haven't been getting any points from him!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My team sucks big time. I care. and I'm jealous. Anyone want to play fantasy economics? I might have a chance.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Tom Brady as my QB, Harrison as my number one quarterback, Chicago for my D and Tony G. as my tight end. Also, not to forget, Kevin Jones as one of my running backs...... my Virginia Tech bias. The second best Va Tech running back in the pros besides Vick, or his under cover name. What is that again, Kyle? Anyway, you would think that would be the making of a good team, but I got my ass kicked. Brady just wins, but he aint the best fantasy QB.

Everything about me is boring, so I was told that on a daily basis for two years.

Go Saints!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant Harrison as my wide receiver...

12:38 PM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

Here's an even lamer situation:
I'm sitting pretty with 2 points from Curtis Martin in my secondary league.

It's an injury/arrest league, and the current leader is running away with the lead due to his smart drafting of the coaching staff of the Lions.

4:16 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

I've got Tom Brady too. Drafted him way too early for the way he's playing (Um...why did the Patriots let all of their receiving talent go?). I'll be starting Kitna instead from here on out.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, Scrooner. An owner in our league has the same QBs and she picked Brady with the #6 overall pick in the first round. Because we've limited our numbers to 10 owners, we start two QBs every week which make it a more important position than in most leagues where they only start one.

10:18 AM  
Blogger scrooner said...

I took him 22nd overall, but right now he's looking like he should be a free agent.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home