Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Tidbit of Pop Culture

So a couple days ago I was perusing some forums as I always do, and came across quite possible one of the dumbest things of all time. The thread title was "Pimp My Ride", but it was in the game section. I thought, what the hell, I'll see what the hoopla is about. I open my thread, and inside I find the phrase, "Ghostriding the whip". What the fuck does that mean? Luckily, there were other people who had no idea what it meant. Someone was kind enough to explain that "Ghostriding the whip" means to get out of your car while it is going really slow and dance around it or on it. Police in the Bay Area have attributed several deaths to this. Honestly, how dumb is that. To make it worse, it has made its way into a video game. I've posted some examples below for your enjoyment. The first is from the game.

10 Comments:

Blogger scrooner said...

This is the dope ghostriding video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlTvSUCCqPo

9:56 AM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

Hahaha, that's great. I'm going to start ghostriding anytime someone from Portland leaves.

12:54 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

Just don't do it like this

2:45 PM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

I can't decide if I think this is the most retarded thing ever, or if I can't wait to buy a car that runs so I can go do it myself.

4:28 PM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

Car that runs? What about a hill...give it some thought!
Post videos of Ghostriding on you bike...or even better on public transportation!

11:31 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

How lame is the Ghostbusters theme sample in the "Ghostride the Whip" song?
Also, have we not done the "its so lame its cool" thing to death. New law: lame things are just plain lame.

11:37 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

GHOSTRIDE THE WHIPLASH!
I am still laughing at this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhmwpZhN_I&NR

11:40 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

No, really...still laughing!

7:34 AM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

The guy in that last video died.
It's kind of stupid that I saw that video about two years ago, and the guy who posted it on youtube is acting like he created it.

The story was that he leaned out of the car to harass the kid on the bike, and fell out.

8:37 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

ouch...funny has left the building.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home