Monday, November 27, 2006

VH1'S BEHIND THE MUSIC

What ever happened to the Birdflag Blog? Up until 10 days ago it was vibrant bustling culturre of information, seen by many as the most important site in the internet. Now, barren and unused, tallying ony 17 total hits in the past week. Much like the infamous bursting bubble of the late 90s dotcom crash, the story is an intriguing mix of hubris, and plain old jealousy.

In late 2006, Birdflag Blog seemed on top of the world. The recent posts concerning such diverse topics as politics, shaving gel, and Jack Palance were garnering upwards of 2 to 3 comments each. Some people even talked about the blog outside of where they saw the blog on the computer. It was Salad Days for sure, but they would not last. Experts would point out in hindsight that the posting was entirely representative of one man, and his megalomaniacal heavy handedness was stifling the other seven members of the posting board.

What happened to the rest of the posters was the harbinger of the death knell of birdflag blog. Too many posts became gimics, either with too much effort spent on images, or on being way too clever for their own good. Soon the audience dried up and the new posts went with them.

Kenji-
Only had one good idea. And trying to look like Mr. T as a hassidic Jew wasn’t it.

L-boogie-
Rumored to be nom de plume of other author. No one that great would associate with the other rabble on the blog.

The Cruise-
Alienated everyone else.

T-Unit-
Attmepted voyage to parts unknown.

Raindog-
Got a real job, couldn’t waste time writing anymore.

Scrooner-
Relegated his contribution to comments only.

Suds-
Terminally drunk after political victories. (spends 98% of her time of googlechat with her boyfriend.)

Ajparrillo-
The most gifted and verbose poster was fired by new management trying to silence his voice of reason.

Was this the end of birdflag blog? Only time will tell.
Rumors have surfaced that it the recent buy out of the blog by FreeRepublic.com will transform the focus on the posts to either error filled rants of random bigotry, or reviews of children’s board games.

8 Comments:

Blogger ajparrillo said...

I have not yet begun to post! I agree...where's the banter? I am finishing my basement myself, so all my free time is spent fumbling my way through construction work. I will return.

12:43 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

*Insert Comment Here*

3:42 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

Most of my online prattle is related to Ultimate or Gonzaga basketball these days. I didn't figure anyone was interested in those. Can I tell you how great Guitar Hero is? The PS2 is not dead!

4:28 PM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

I would like to try GH some time.
I want to play Sweet Child of Mine.

4:35 PM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

A friend of mine got the PS3...and sold it for triple the price. He also got the Wii and loves it. Untraditional controllers that mimic game movements and, as he says, are more intuitive. Nintendo did something amazing with this system...something I liken to fantasy football. They created a motion sensitive controller that mimics actual movements which translates gaming to those that are not good at or have not followed contemporary gaming. It makes it accessible to those that are turned off by the complexity of the controller. Like fantasy football opens up the NFL to the casual follower and even those who know absolutely nothing of the real sport. The game becomes categorical numbers so even the naive "housewife" can follow the season...and GAMBLE. SO...Nintendo creates a system that while complicated, spans the chasm for casual gamers.

7:18 PM  
Blogger L-Boogie said...

I posted only to flirt with and seduce The Cruise. He will have to comment on whether my work is done or not.

Although I do have passing ideas on posts. The one now being "The Importance of Happy Hour" Once I can be witty and important-sounding enough, I will share my thoughts on the subject.

Until then......Kyle, are you going to trivia tomorrow? (that's for Sara Sauce)

8:33 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

I had a religious experience the first time I played Sweet Child of Mine on GH2. Really really excellent.

I brought both versions of Guitar Hero down to my parents' house for Thanksgiving, and my brothers were concerned with which TV I was going to hook it up to, since they wanted to watch football. I hooked it up to the big TV, showed them how to play, and nobody watched any football the rest of the day. People were playing Guitar Hero from the minute I plugged it in until we all went to bed (minus dinnertime of course). It's that amazing.

Kyle, you should come over on a Saturday morning & play. Then we can go to Five Oaks at 11:30.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Suds said...

If I don't pay him mind 98% of the time, I worry he might leave the Trane. It is all for your benefits.

So is the drinking.

Maintaining victory is no small chore.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home