Friday, January 26, 2007

This is a Test

First: Read the set-up.

It was Mother's Day. Anna and her brother had told their mother to stay in bed that morning. She read her book and looked forward to breakfast. After a long wait she finally went downstairs. Anna and her brother were both eating at the table.

Now: Choose the correct punchline.

a) Anna said: "Hi mum, we didn't expect you to be awake so early."
b) Anna picked up an egg and smashed it on her brother's head.
c) Her brother said: "We have a new teacher at our school."
d) Anna said: "It's a surprise for Mother's Day. We cooked our own breakfast."

Answers are here

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ajparrillo said...

Maybe alcoholics have experienced a mind altering phenomenon, as other cultures have in the utilization of outside agents to influence spiritual and creative thought processes. Maybe the obvious does not suffice anymore. As answers A-C were not logically correct for a punchline for a scenario, I also found D to be insufficent because of its mundane and obvious nature. So, my mind began to think that this was some type of trick by the Cruise and I was missing a deeper meaning or riddle in the question.
In short, there my be societal benefit in other peoples' pain and dependency.

11:01 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

Wow...did I just make myself out to be an alcoholic? I gotta start reading what I write.

11:02 AM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

I also read them and thought none of them were funny, but only D made contextual sense.

Then I visualized B, and thought the image smashing an egg on someone for no reason would be funniest.
Imagine doing that childish game of pretending to break an egg on someone's head, and then doing it for real.
=funny.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home