Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ohio

Since Kyle was too fridge-focused to post a proper wrap up of his trip home to Ohio with new girlfriend in tow. I will do it here. To me everything east of say Colorado is "East Coast" and Ohio and Kentucky definately are....they take a long time to reach on a plane, and it feels even longer when it's a red eye interrupted by a 4 hour layover in Mineapolis.

Many of you have your doubts about the farm, and the "stuff," and this guy they call Adam. I can now attest that it is all true. Below is a bulleted recap. Any my apologies for not getting video proof or even photo proof.
  • Riding the "mule" I believe it was called up the driveway because the Prius' clearance wasn't high enough with baggage to clear the rutted gravel driveway. The mule is like a super-golf cart. And then having Kyle drive us in the Mary Kay golf cart. The same goft cart that was the culprit for Kyle's dad's ankle injury.
  • Private guest quarters in the "fair house." A separte mini-manufactured type home. Very cute and totally cool. Kyle's mom partially unfolded the hide-a-bed, but we didn't use it, hopefully she didn't notice.
  • Sheep, alpaca, and donkeys are prehistoric looking. I don't often find myself amongst hooven creatures, they are weird looking, and make strange noises. We took an alpaca for a walk, but it was afraid of the water so we didn't get too far.
  • I got fleece pajamas and a robe from his mom. And I think she would have unloaded more stuff on me had I shown any inclination of interest.
  • Yes, they have a lot of stuff, more stuff than I think my family has ever had our entire lives. But eBay is a wonder of modern technology.
  • Games -- they have a crap load of games, and even in our sleep deprived state the parents wanted to play games all night. I gave up after one game.
  • Cincinatti is cool, Kyle shows me the sights, a bar where they know his name, and a magical CD store.
  • The wedding was nice, we ate and drank and generally went unnoticed.
  • We also visited my mom's cousin who let us change before the wedding. Thanks Cherry!
  • Adam and his wife invited us for new year's eve with their friends. Games and drinks and prizes ensued. I got a Kenny Rogers DVD, Kyle got a Starbucks card. Something obviously wrong with that picture. Adam left "pubes" on the bathroom sink. Brought back fond high school memories, thanks Adam.
  • 2 extra suitcases later filled with cuisinart and cuisinart accessorites, games, blankets, and other random stuff, we made it home.
Ohio only slightly still sucks in my book b/c of the last presidental election, and now because I could not find decent coffee on New Year's Day.

5 Comments:

Blogger ajparrillo said...

Cincinatti my suck, but does Cincinnati?
Just to reassure...Cincinnati is faily metropolitan and blue, especially in the city limits. Ohio is largely a blue state on issues that really effect lives, but people are weak on this thing they call values. People will vote antiabortion in local elections even though that opinion has no bearing on local decicions. Further, the only liberal radio station was pulled...wonder why since there was a clear market.
Just to answer my question...Cincinnati sucks; mostly due to the fact that I am from here.

8:43 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

Oh...why would there be doubt that I exist. People have always thought Kyle was a bit off, but never thought he made shit up. So this really makes me wonder what stories/facts about myself are being forwarded to those lucky peeps in the Pacific Northwest. If you want to know the skeletal info about me...visit my website that I update every year or so.
http://ajparrillo.tripod.com/

12:11 PM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

I want to ride on the "Mule". I've always imagined having this huge property that was so big you got around on it with a golf cart, kind of like Billy Madison.

9:53 AM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

http://www.kawasakimule.org/images/products/2006/kawasaki-mule-3000.jpg

mule looks like this.


adam looks like stephen baldwin.
every story i tell about him is true.

11:29 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

as most can tell now...no matter what is posted, it is about me. However, I have the real concern of what crap Kyle is cruisin' around about me. Mostly due to the fact that I don't remember most stories when I reminence with friends. My brain sucks.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home