Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Audacity


It’s been a little over a week and I still feel excited and impressed about the future. But I still don’t have a personal hovercar, or a teleporter. Maybe we’ll have to wait a spell into the first hundred days to see real change, but I guess I can be convinced to wait.

After an historic election like this, it’s always important to not only look forward and look back, but to also look to the present. Because that’s where we spend most of our daily lives living life. The past 8 years have not been personally difficult, just like the previous 8 years that happened 8 years ago were not personally awesome. Except that they pretty much were. The 8 years ago 8 years ago were when I was in college and then when I was drinking a lot and playing tons of hockey. The 8 years ago from now were filled with a lot of bad weather and I had surgery once. But don’t blame me I voted for Nader.

So back to the current or currency. Last Tuesday was a day that will live on in the days of famy (that’s the good version right? I didn’t want to say infamy). Except for that crapola with Prop 8, almost everything fell my way. Except maybe in Oregon there was something that didn’t jive right, either the kids didn’t get money or maybe the zoo babies, but ignore that for now, I’m going somewhere with this. We go into a new decade, a decade we can finally call something instead of just the Oughts. One more year of the Oughts, and then we’re going to re-energize the world with brash thinking and progressive thoughts and aggressive ideas to usher in the…shit. The decade of 2010 to 2019 doesn’t really have a thing for it either. Anyway, I think it’s important to remember that America voted for Hope and Change.

And even if you voted the other way, it’s okay, there is still a place for you.
Just remember, in today’s Modern America, we are all Minorities on the inside!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home