Thursday, January 26, 2006

Getting Back and Giving Back(Lessons from psalm 42 & 51)





I don't know why I get revelations when I clean my car. I have a 1990 Mazda Protege. I used to drive a black 1990 Mazda MPV and I felt I was supposed to switch to the white one. The black one was obviously evil. It was Dark Sided. Now, don’t get me wrong, people with dark skin aren’t evil, well not all of them are evil. Pastor Jayson likes to say that God just left them in the oven too long. So they aren’t evil, just slightly ruined. Well, now when I clean my new car, I clean it get these revelations, usually about how I am also a "Protege". A protégé of the Lord. And I’m not even a car. Like Automan, or Streethawk. LOLLERSKATES! ...and you think your life is weird... :-)

Now you would think that I would clean my car every week or so (especially if I get a revelation every time I do it), but it's normally cleaned every 4-8 weeks. Whenever I look at it, it still looks white with just a little dirt on it and I figure I can clean it when it gets really dirty. Even today, I was thinking do I really need to clean it, it looks pretty clean still. Then I started washing it. I was blown away. Compared to the washed parts of the car...the rest of the car looked grey...really really dirty. Really dirty.

Being dirty is not just about dirt, and it being on you. It is about the Dark Side, and your soul. Your soul can’t get dirty from dirt, only from sin. I have some friends right now wondering what is happening to their lives. They feel dirty, they don't even feel saved, they have never been "this bad" before and yet they are serving god and still seeking him. They ask we what they're doing wrong. Is it karma? I assure them it is not a crazy magic word from Korea that is making their lives bad, because I feel like I know everything because of my beliefs. I have no need to learn anything new because I have faith. You see the problem is we think we're clean. We think we're white and pure and blameless. But when god comes and applies pressure to our lives, scrubs us clean, and causes all his waves to wash over us in order to make us true white, we see how dirty we are. You might say that we all are less white in the eyes of Jesus, for he is the whitey-ist.

Let me encourage you if you feel so away from god and yet you have been loving him and serving him. It is not the judgment of god you are feeling. That is reserved for the enemies of god. What you are feeling and going through is the love of god...the love of god makes us clean...although his love can scrub us hard sometimes. Allow him to clean your heart. May we all cry out "Come And Bleach Our Souls God And Make Me True White Like Your Son."


Additional inspiration from Matthew Manchester, Deland Florida

4 Comments:

Blogger L-Boogie said...

Nuggets dude, nuggets. I like my entries in bite-sized nuggets, not rotisserie-chicken sized.

It's really about knowing the nuances of editing for the web. If I don't see funny in the first paragraph, I'm done. Keep working on it though. And when is your girly drink party?

4:38 PM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

I went for the Robin Williams approach.
If I dump out enough stuff, something has to be funny in there somewhere.

The name of the party is changed.
It will be called "Good Riddance", and it will happen as soon as Daniel moves out.

4:47 PM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

Sorry to hear no more MPV...it will always be the Most Popular Vehicle in Jesus' eyes.
You cleaned the the nail's clock on this one...God is magic. Footprints in the sand man...footprints in the sand. Not footprints in Sandman, then of course those would be Spider-Man's, but Jesus' footprints. Actually, it would probably be way cooler to be carried by Spidey.

6:23 PM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

One Night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed a few times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times.

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way, but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never totally leave you. During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that Trailer Park Boys was on, and I didn't want to miss it, because I missed the episode where they put the weed under the driveway, and that sounded hilarious."

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home