Monday, January 23, 2006

My baby is cuter than yours



Commence ramble:

Just spent the day at home with Henry. His daycare provider was sick, and we haven't lined up a backup yet, so today I was Mr. Mom. I can handle it for about 6 hours & then I go totally nuts. I changed 5 diapers, and 2 of them had some sort of martian goo that I'd never seen before, courtesy of the peaches we've introduced this week. Millions of peaches, peaches for me...

Henry is a social ham. Take him somewhere with lots of people and he giggles & smiles all day long. But set him down in a quiet room at home & he's not so happy. I think I prefer it this way, because he always makes a good impression; some babies hate to be around all that commotion & would rather sit in a quiet nursery somewhere.

I think Henry may be abnormally cute too, but I'm prejudiced so you be the judge. He doesn't have a big melon head yet, which is great because it means he's easier to carry and all of his hats still fit. Jen wants to try & get him on a baby magazine cover.

5 Comments:

Blogger ajparrillo said...

Being the father of two girls, one born about three weeks ago, I had to pipe up. Since all newborns to me are mashed up squimmy messes, I will reference my comments to my oldest, which is now about 18 months. I KNOW MY daughter is the cutest baby ever...Trust me, I see her every day. Beyond this, she has inhereted my advanced intelligence! She is starting to comprehend English and some Spanish and Sign Language. And she is adorable and oh so clever in the way she tries to immitate everything in order to learn. Last of all, she just seems to observe and take in her surroundings like a little scientist and does not have the time for the pedestrian concerns of those other baby neandertals at daycare. WAIT A MINUTE. Most normally developing toddlers give or take a month, raised in a caring and dynamic environment display the EXACT same characteristics. Yes, some personality traits begin to rise to the surface; my daughter is generally happy and easy going. There is nothing like being a parent and watching your child grow and learn. And, of course, you should think your child is the world's cutest because they either resemble you or the one you chose to get busy with in order to produce said child. SO...lets have some self-control and some rational thought before we share the reincarnation of your particular Dali Lama to the rest of the world and especially consider pimping your child out to a magazine cover.
All this said, your kid it damn cute...however, MY BABY CAN KICK YOUR BABY'S ASS! The female Roch N' Roll Express lives...TAG TEAM BABIES!

6:13 AM  
Blogger L-Boogie said...

Dude, you baby people and your babies can just go duke it out at the playground or something. Or at least at www.mrmom.blogspot.com or something. And anyways I am the proud auntie of both the cutest nephew ever AND the cutest puppy ever.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to go with everything laura said.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmkay, I admit it, I had a moment of gushing... it's over. I think the sun is getting to me - I'm not used to so much light while I work, it's making it very difficult to concentrate - or at least that's the excuse I'll use today.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Mimi and I move in together next week I'm going to get a crib and put T - Unit in my room wearing a bunny suit, kind of like a teddy bear with moose knuckles.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home