Saturday, January 07, 2006

Give Saturday a spark.

Entertainment Guide, #2
Questionable Source: Sparks energy drink

So, I'm playing in a beach tournamnt next weekend in LA. I had never heard of it until a couple months ago, but apparently each team has a drink as their theme, and ours is Sparks. Our team organizer has been giving us all kinds of nagging assignments. go rent Donnie Darko. memorize the Sparkle Motion dance. give me your UPA ID number. drink Sparks. wah wah wah.

Anway, welcome to my inner monologue.

Friday Night--
7:32pm (at the gas station, waiting to pay): oh, they're selling Sparks here. Gannes told me to give it a try. I'll pick one up.
7:32pm: didn't you already "give it a try" when you were in SF this summer? You don't need to buy it.
7:32pm: PREVIOUS COMMENT OMITTED

Saturday Afternoon--
4:47pm: I'm bored and it's getting dark outside. And it's Saturday. Great.
4:47pm: Ok, maybe today I can finally rearrange the furniture in my room. Sitting on the bed is a good place to start.
4:51pm: Chiiiiillin on the bed. Just chiiiillin on the beeeed.... Hey, isn't that my sparks in the corner. Energy...alcohol...orange flavor (orange the color, not the fruit). Maybe this will help get the job done.
4:58pm: Opening up a can of whoopass on my room. by myself. hiding it from the rest of my family. sounds like the begining of a problem. and the begining of a solution.

And still my leg won't stop shaking.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cruise said...

After Christmas I came back to Portland on the bus, because the train tacks were wiped out by a mudslide.
I was taking the train originally because my car is not trustworthy enough to drive to Tigard.

In order to make people a little happier on the 3 1/2 hour bus trip, we stopped 30 minutes dow nthe road in Olympia for a restroom/smoke break and the chance for refreshements. There was a youngster sitting across the aisle from me who jumped at the opportunity to buy a 20 pack of sugarless gum and a giant Rockstar energy drink. Why would you want a bunch of extra caffeine to amp you up for sitting still for 3 hours?
Is it me? Am I not XXtreme enough to understand the next generation?

Also, what is the deal with airline food?

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home