Monday, January 30, 2006

A Good Way to Address Some Problems

Entertainment Guide #4: The Union will drink to that!

Fill your Tuesday with some bitter irony via Drinking State of the Union!
The rules are simple:
1. Gather politically liberal friends and some good old american beer.
2. Watch Bush's State of the Union Adress on Tuesday evening.
3. Drink every time he says any of the following words: America, homeland, attack, privacy, terrorism/terrorists (feel free to add your own!).
4. (optional) drink anytime he says something stupid, or anytime you want to pound your head on the wall, or anytime he makes you want to drink.
5. (optional) This jovial pasttime can be easily turned into friendly competition, by playing Fantasy Word, where each player picks a word and drinks everytime that word is uttered.

As much as I love and look forward to Drinking State of the Union, I'll miss it this time because a) I don't have a TV, and b) alcohol makes me loose nouns (no kidding) and I'm gonna try to sound intelligent on Wednesday.

By the way, Bitter Irony would be a great name for a beer.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cruise said...

There's no way to comfortably watch him.
It's like on That's Incredible when Burgess Meredith would come onto the set with Cathie Lee Crosby and John Davidson and tell you that the next scene would be extremely graphic and you shouldn't watch. Then they would show a cougar eat a baby bunny.
And Fran Tarkenton should be refernced too.

That's what the state of the union is like nowadays.

1:53 PM  
Blogger scrooner said...

I think I'll just drink heavily beforehand.

Or I'll save myself the time and watch the Daily Show recap of it.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home