Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nachooooooo





Saw "Nacho Libre" last night. I really liked it. However, my opinion is definitely skewed by a couple factors:

1. I don't get out to the movies too often. Which means the large screen & good sound system & laughter-filled theater made the movie more of an experience than sitting in my living room typically does.

2. I've liked JB for a long time. I saw (& taped) the original Tenacious D episodes when they were on HBO. I made TD albums for my friends years before they put out an album. Everytime I think he may have jumped the shark, he does something that makes me a fan again. He seems like a guy who would be fun to drink with. And he plays Ultimate.

"Nacho Libre" is 90% Jack Black hamming it up, and most of the time I thought, "this rivals a lot of the stuff done by Belushi", although Belushi was more groundbreaking & JB has just refined & expanded on the tradition. Sort of like comparing Springsteen to Dylan.

3. The previews showed so little, I assumed the movie wouldn't be funny. It was way better than my low expectations led me to believe it would be.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cruise said...

Springsteen has messed up feet?

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the comparison is closer to how dylan went electric and springsteen moved to ca.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home