Thursday, July 20, 2006

time and money

This post is mostly a commentary on the passage of time and money. One year ago today I tore my ACL during a very unexciting scrimmage on a bone-dry field in NE Portland. Looking back it seems like it was only yesterday that I drove off in search of crutches so that I could stop driving around and actually walk. Over the course of roughly 7 months I paid out about $3,000, lost a bunch of muscle, gained some weight, rehabbed like a mo-fo, and now things are pretty much back to normal.

This week I bought a bike and simultaneosly got my car worked on....good timing yes, but the costs were exactly the same. Seems like life is just a cycial thing. You have money, health, whaterver, then you don't, and you run on a deficit for some time before you climb out of it. Only to have it start all over again. Seems to hold true for most things and most people. If you have no money troubles, then your deficits may appear as low spots in love, family, work, etc. I guess without balancing challenges life would be boring.

No real talking theme here other than cycles, circles, deficits, and surplus.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Cruise said...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

2:50 PM  
Blogger L-Boogie said...

You mean every day that you don't see me, right? I'm sure that's what you meant.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?

11:18 PM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

I believe Denny was the worst Day of my life.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home