Thursday, July 17, 2008

On the Disabled List


I visited home for a week and learned that my sister's family had Wii. This was my first time playing and it was frickin great! The Wii is fun as hell. I did not play any complex games, mostly Wii sports, except for a FIFA soccer game.
Flash forward...my forearm/elbow hurts! I have tennis elbow from a video game that I only played spuriously over a period of 3 days! I played tennis all of high school and never had any arm pain, but I play Wii bowling and tennis over a three day period and I have trouble lifting my daughters. You know you are old when it is not sports that put you out of commission, but a video game.
More eerily, though, is that I was predicting to my wife that there is going to be a rash of Wii related tendinitis, tennis elbow, and carpal tunnel. Yes, this had already been all over the Internet, but I had not been privy to the Wii yet.
So the question is whether or not the Wii is a devil in a blue dress?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger scrooner said...

I am annoyed that the Wii "people" in the baseball game look like bowling pins.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home