Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Tired yet?

So yesterday I went out for a jog. My plan was to go for like 30-35 minutes. It's important to start slowly when getting into shape. Anyway, the Jackson Bottom Wetland Preserve is right next to my neighborhood, so I thought I'd go run there. Lots of trails, wildlife, etc. However, there is a problem. The entrance is not anywhere close to my house. Google Map. My house is at the top right, entrance at bottom left.

Anyway, it takes me 20-25 minutes to get there. By any rights I should have turned around, but I'm stubborn. I decided to proceed because I felt pretty good and I just got there and wanted to check the place out. The map they had there was shitty, and there were no paper ones that I could take with me, so I decided to wing it on the trails. It was really muddy, but fun like running in the mud should be. I decided to run on a trail that went towards my house. Everything was grand until the trail just stopped and I found myself running through a marsh. I ended up wading through ankle deep swamp water. Not fun. I eventually got back to the trail and went home the same way I got there. Luckily, I saw one of these, so it was worth it.

I finally made it back to my house after 55 minutes of running. I'm sore.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cruise said...

I'm tired too because tequila is stupid. People drink tequila because they think if they order it, it's cooler than ordering a Black Velvet. Guess what, Black Velvet built this country, the Canadian parts at least. You better recognize.



Image. whack.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home