Friday, July 18, 2008

Hand Solo



I busted my hand up the other day. It doesn't want to bend at the wrist and is pretty weak gripwise. I'm like the old GI Joe before he got the kungfu grip. My hand is all shitty at holding things. Rifles, binoculars and tent stakes fall right out and into the heating vent before mom vacuums them up and yells at me when Uncle Sam's head ruins the beater bar on the Hoover.



I went to the doctor on Tuesday. He told me, yep it's busted. Then he sent me to the xray technologists. Unfortunately, his office hours are MonTueFri. SO I don't know if I have Prognosis Negative. He might have called work, but I'm at home instead as part of that ongoing Work Release Program the Government set up with me. I'll have to call him I guess. More to come on that unified front.

But as I thought about Luke, it made me realize that Lucas had some weird shit going on with people getting their hands cut off and then thrown down holes. Seriously think about it.
LUKE IN EMPIRE
EMPEROR PALPASHMEAR IN RETURN
DARTH NINJA IN EPISODE 1 WHATEVER THE HELL IT'S CALLED
BOBAFETTE SUMMER IN RETURN
MOLA RAM IN TEMPLE
ANAKIN'S PENIS IN ATTACK OF THE CLONEAWILLYS

I guess I'm saying that Lucas is fucked in the brain. Combine him being all scared of holes (vaginas) with all the incest stuff, and the muppet babies thing he kept doing in the prequels and it appears he has a touch of THE ISSUES. Thoughts?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ajparrillo said...

All I have to say is watch out for holes.
In 9th grade, I had my clavical surgery where I had a half body cast which pinned my right arm down to my side and my hand stuck out the front like a baby alien was bursting from my abdomen. The only thing I could do with my gimped right hand was write...if I propped the paper close to my body.
SO...9th grade, no use of my favored arm/hand, and girls on the brain in my pre-sex having life. I got very good at using my left hand for things. Maybe you too could use this as an opportunity and not a setback!
Goofyhoove.

11:10 AM  
Blogger ajparrillo said...

Did you think George Lucas was a hack BEFORE the new installments? I bet not. It is difficult to judge the original Star Wars trilogy today since we saw it as youngsters and have an emotional attachment. At that time, we did not have the mental tools to appropriately judge the work. I mean that I did not know enough about history and mythology to know what was being borrowed from. Additionally, when those movies were made, he, himself, was in the isolated world of the 1970s....before internet information resources, before post-Reagan corporate mergers that create the relentless cross promotion and marketing, and before the heightened effects of corporate profit driven cinema. I think that the original trilogy is a well-told story with explicitly "borrowed" themes and motifs.
The problem comes in that Lucas does the new movies in a totally new atmosphere and is himself a different individual. He becomes obviously concerned about cross promotion and age appeal and becomes heavy handed in applying common themes, such as loss of hands and plummeting into sphincters.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home