Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The post where I describe the Spawnfest weekend.

-For future reference, 6 men is not enough. 5 women can be enough, but 4 is not.
Seeing other teams there was crazy. Every team from Portland seemed to be full of pickups. Where was everyone last weekend? Did I miss something? Was there something really good on TV? Why am I the last to find out these things?
-The weather was great, sunny days, not too hot, light wind to add in some strategy, and it was dry as a bone.
-Lisa (Elizabeth) is the nicest server I have ever had. It made going to Red Robin actually worth it.
-I had a great time. The party was at some crazy lady’s house in the middle of nowhere. Lots of woods, a fire, swing set of the abyss, septic tank suzie sticks, camping on site, lingerie catalogs in the outhouse, card games at picnic tables, kegs with faulty taps. Everything you could want out of a party. I got to hang out with Amy, Su-wen, Todd, Nick, and Brent. Much better than last party, and as an added bonus, one of the Epsteins acknowledged my existence. I was giddy.
Plus it is being gossiped that two of my team mates hooked up. Perfect.
-I know it’s basic human interaction, and there’s probably been billions of studies, but seriously. It feels nice to get hugged. Call me a big queermo, but when you’re walking around the field and see a woman from another team that you haven’t seen in a while, getting a hug is nice. It used to be just Su-Wen and Mimi that hugged me. Now I have gotten enough people to unhate me that lots of American girls like my face.
Just don’t expect me enjoy cuddling after I get Buk-Wile. I don’t swing that way.
-If Possum hadn’t injured two of our players, and forced us to go savage men, we would have been in A pool. How stupid is that? Whoever made the original seeds made a few mistakes.
But whatever, we’ll take ‘em. If you want to accomplish, you gots to take care of your business. There’s no crying in ultimate, take your seed and live up to it.

Where I was Nostradamus and a half.
------------------------------------------------
-Lit Jr. won C pool. They were happy about it. Delusional.
-Lots of folks took baths in the river. I’m pretty sure source was either antarctica, or some glacier in Saskatchewan. It was like wading into a leaky refrigerator. My pepe’ ended up an inch long. Brent will attest to this fact.
-Epstein will have to hope last year repeats itself in reverse regarding their games with Shazbot.
Or they have to hope that McGee and Ellen can play every point at Regionals.
-We picked up a player at a party Friday night. He showed up for the last game Saturday then he quit, then he rejoined the team when he got to sleep in on Sunday.

Where my predictions failed.
------------------------------------------------
-Beau Kittredge was not there, so Psychic beat Alaska. I also hear the other big guy got injured.
Psychic had some insane comeback on a team, but I was busy eating breakfast, so I missed it.
-The japanese team only brought 14 women, and kept the shrieking to a minimum. They were still the most fun team to watch in the tournament. Any team whose zone offense is just one popper/one handler, and lefty hammers all over the field is awesome. On the other hand, Condors strategy of bringing every moron on their team onto the field after a score looks really stupid when hucks are called back because of travels. Act like you’ve been there before.
-Epstein showed up at the party. They formed a circle and danced with each other like a junior high mixer, but they showed up. Kudos to you Epstein, Kudos. Wasabi stayed late, but didn’t have to drive me back to the fields. This is because both our teams had first round byes.
-Coltrane as a team had fun, we jelled better than before, and even though the team will probably end up totally different next year (we’re going to heavily recruit Danimal, and I would imagine the women will quit) at least the core will stay the same. Kyle, Su-Wen and Fraser forever. We might not break up after all, and 2006 will be year two. Or as the 12 Year Calendar of Ancient Chinese Secrets called it, “Year of the shutting your mouths since we will be winning games*1.” All you haters out there, keep hatin’. This is how we roll. Respect. We look forward to continuing our one sided rivalry with Lit Jr. Or as they will be known next year, Lit Jr Jr. Are there any oher Scuber players left to join them? Maybe they could get Dougie if he comes back to Portland.

*1 Or, Year of the Jackalope.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just be patient with me when I make my stupid "streak (street) cuts" all over the field when in the spread O.

Yes, McGee and Ellen are like silent assassins and would have made a huge difference, Lars, too!

I hope The Kid still talks to me over the next couple of years when he is playing for U of O and Epstein. I guess I will enjoy it while I can. Oh hummmm.

Danimal

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, The Kid will soon be kicking all of our asses. Hopefully he will move away by then.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

both epstein and sidekicks tried to bust the circle up into just dancin'... but there weren't enough other fools to keep the space. Once epstein left the dance floor so did the dancing, of course, its good that the benches next to the fire were kept warm too.

2:13 PM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

Good lord, that is one hell of a write up. I love it! How well did the thong work out for you? You looked damn fine in it. It's too bad you missed out on our comeback, it was quite exciting. Down 10-3 against AK and won 11-10. Peter was a god that game. Beau was there, but he was playing with Johnny Bravo, and he broke his arm.

btw, I give you hugs too.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home