Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Wednesday:
Hypothetical question day.

A-If you could snap your fingers, and make all the homeless people in Portland have a safe, clean place to live if it made everyone's taxes go up 100 dollars a year, would you do it?
The twist to this question is that I would move them all into the house next door to yours. Then keep the money.


B-Which would you rather have all the homeless people in downtown Portland disappear off the face of the earth, or just all the OSPIRG people in downtown Portland disappear off the face of the earth?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the homeless people in portland would not fit in the house next door to mine... on either side.

although I do think that this idea has been attempted - at least from the number of people that I used to see living in a house down the street from my first apartment in town. my roommate and I could not figure out how many adults and children actually resided there, counting them might have worked - but we never did that.

8:37 AM  
Blogger O'Sherm said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OSPIRG gets cute people to make you want to listen to their schpeil. And by "get" I mean Shanghai. Hey, how about instead of putting them in a house, we just force the homeless underground and have them revive the tunnel system. Who knows, maybe it will be the next big 'in'.

Underground is the new aboveground.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers. C.H.U.D.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh yes, and to stop ignorant travel callers when I throw before the third ground contact having not changed direction or speed. Isn't it frustrating having to avoid making a particular play because a call will be made regardless of the play's legality?"
-Joe Buck's Brother (on a very entertaining thread on RSD)

Just don't let me see you dragging your pivot foot before you release the disc ala Brett from Psydchic. And don't accuse me of cheating after I call it. Refs of no refs... there are still mutually agreed upon rules.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home