Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I've gotten some questions lately:

Here are the answers.
Person Number one, If you're just getting into the Ramones and the Buzzcocks, obviously your next choice is The Jam. There is nothing better. Please to be listening at This Is The Modern World, Setting Sons, The Gift, In The City, and then All Mod Cons. In that order. And then be happy with all that is good in the world, The Weller. Screw Gang of Four, all this retro shit is really trying to be The Jam.

Person Number two, yes you can have a ride, I'll pick you up at 6:00.

Person Number three, if you're looking for good graphic novel collections, check out Kane:Rabbit Hunt, Squadron Supreme, Marvels, Authority first series, and every X-force and X-statix book with Millred. Don't accidentally get any X-Force with Liefeld.

Person Number four, I have been mostly listening to Kinski, Oneida, The Fitness, Gogol Bordello, The Epoxies,and Sufjan Stevens.

Person Number five, 20 minutes at 375 degrees.

Person Number six, when in doubt, shoot Ma, he's the most dangerous player at the table even if he's the Renegade.

4 Comments:

Blogger T-Unit said...

Thank you for answering my question. I thought I was supposed to get anything by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.

1:08 PM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

Yeah, but I already told you that. I know better than to tell you things twice. I thought of another couple things though.
-Top Ten by Alan Moore
-old seventies Batmans by Denny O'neill. It's al labout Batman fighting thugs and doing karate instead of trying to catch the Joker. They're awesome.
-Maybe not your cup of tea, but I really like all the Bendis Daredevils, makes a lot of sense.
-Invincible by some guy I don't know. It's an image comic.
-Stray Bullets is awesome. One character says 'Cool Beans' every comic.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's an image comic."

just curious -and probably showing my naivete in regards to comic books [not necessarily a bad thing, I might add] - aren't all comics images?

2:56 PM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

Sweet. I'll take a look at those as soon as I finish the other ones sitting in my house. It's a good thing the rainy season is coming up.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home