Thursday, September 01, 2005

Last night I went over to this guy I know's house.*1 I don't want to say who in case he reads this somehow so I'll just call him "Nick O". No, that's too obvious who it is... So I went over to "N. O'Neill's" house. We cooked up some burgers and talked about home improvement projects. But here's the catch, the whole time he's talking I'm just looking at him thinking, "Man. I want to pick up this log in the backyard and just smash his face in. When is he ever gonna zip his trap?" Does that ever happen to you? You have to pretend to be friends with someone that everybody else likes a lot just so you don't look like a jerk?
It's stupid all the hoops you have to jump through in this world just to look popular and put on this facade of "functioning human being."

*1 I like mangled syntax evidently.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Cruise said...

Speaking of someone accidentally reading this... I don't know how to reach you Daniel since Inever see you anymore, so if you're going to be gone this weekend too, leave that light on in the hallway.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So, there's this guy I know, and last night I went to his house, and anyway..." would have been much better.

I like that you're posting more frequently now. yay.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it because you have yourself?

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a baby. If you must know, Carrie was in town last night, and I will be going to hang out with her this evening, and then going to see a movie by myself, and continuing this run-on sentence. Tony, I can't have you as my favorite. Because of you somebody I know doesn't talk to me nearly as much anymore. Me, me, me, me! Dan, I speak of all sorts of good things about you to everybody. I've complained that I have no black friends since I moved to Portland, but I currently have a surplus of you little guys.

Danimal

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that's what that look is.... I'm glad my backyard is so sparse, particularly of logs.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh hey another thing - Tony, your jam is AWESOME!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, I didn't say more than three sentances the entire time, "Do you want another beer?", "Are you ready for another hot beef injection?" and, "Tell Daniel he still owes me money for the beach tournament."

THanks for not hiding a turd under my couch though. That's classy.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice concrete job, anonymous! Also, that's a nice bike that you have unlocked in your back yard. When I steal it and pawn it, then you'll get your tournament fee.

Danimal

8:54 AM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

Thanks Mindo, glad you like it.
Danimal, I'm sorry. You probably feel the same way The Cruise feels about you.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home