Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Meta



I decided to join my teens and signed up[ for the facedbooks.
It's this website where you can use it to find old friends. or people you went to school with or desperate people you can bone. That's how I used to use friendster. I don't think friendster even exists anymore, it got put out of business by myspace.

This is the story of my journey.

Smart.
They make you use a real email.
That will make sure I don't have to deal with spammers, but might not stop me from dealing with 40 year old men who pretend to be bicurious 13 year old girls. If that is what kind of chatrooms or whatever they use here. Are there chatrooms? guess I'll find out.


Shit.
My girlfriends on here. That's going to cut down on me finding some GGG thai ladyboys.

Jesus.
The whole thing is my frisbee contacts.
I don't like any of those people, and they don't like me. Why do I have so many ultimate sporting folk email contacts in my gmail.

It keeps wanting me to link up with other people. There's Burkle and Dinnerbone from high School, that's funny. Ten minutes in, and Shane wants to add me.
I'm ashamed of myself already. This could be because I added a camwhore picture of myself. It's also from 8 years ago, so I'm fatter and balder now.


Alright.
Signed up. Added picture.
Now what the hell do I do?
Willing to accept any suggestions on what I do with this now.
Probably look up Beverly Goodman. She was cute back in Mrs. Randolph's class.

I just added LB as my girlfriend.
Facebook emailed her to ask if we were going out.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ajparrillo said...

Your last line gives you a hint of what to do next...rock it out like you are in high school. As your friend list grows, you are going to get more and more 'invites' to stupid groups and whatnots...the equivalent to forwarded urban myth emails (Microsoft is will pay you for every person you send this email to).
I felt dirty myself when I created a profile, but I was creating a group for the VLOP brigade alumni so I figured at least there was a reasonable explanation.
Also, don't search for people you may know unless it is imperative that you find them....eventually they will come to you. I probably only have requested to be friends with 3 people and one is not even my wife. What is fun is before you accept a friend invite, ask them how you know them. I like to make it uncomfortable to be digital friends with me.

5:19 AM  
Blogger T-Unit said...

Kenji will tell you that you need to play the "wrestling" game.

12:48 PM  
Blogger kenji said...

Leave me my guilty pleasures. It is sour grapes in any case, Tony explained he can't do facebook apps because facebook is hella slow at intel.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home